Internships at SLF
The goal of integrating interns into SLF’s “field work” is to give them a working understanding and experience-based learning opportunity of what Kingdom bridge-building looks like in our local community. Interns will gain a broad understanding of SLF “Lightning Rod” priorities, get to know the community on a deeper level, discover and refine their own passions and callings, and give focused energy to a hands-on project.
SLF internships are 12-week, faith-based internships that take place in the summer. They are 15-20 hours per week that are flexible with most hours occurring between 8-5PM, Monday through Friday. Anyone interested in applying for an internship with SLF should review the sample internship plan below and fill out an application located at the bottom of this page. We will be accepting applications for the summer of 2022 in the spring of 2022.
Benefits of the internship:
- Stipend or college credit
- 1 on 1 mentoring
- Leadership Formation
- Spiritual Formation
- Letter of Recomendation
Sample internship plan:
Focus: The following focus areas are designed to give a general framework to the internship process, along with the purpose behind a particular area. Each area will also provide regular meeting time and dates.
- SLF Culture. Every organization has its own unique identity and cultural markers that reflect its values.
- SLF Staff Meetings
- LR Meetings
- Development/Event Planning meetings
- CaN Centers and CPT’s. Churches as Neighborhood (CaN) Centers and Community Partnership Teams (CPT) both demonstrate the power of building bridges among people- of faith and people-of-goodwill.
- CaN Centers Meeting
- CaN Collaborative Meeting
- CPT Planning Meeting
- CPT Monthly Meeting
- Lightning Rod Immersion Experience
- Shadow your Lightning Rod/site supervisor in their community immersion work.
- Street Psalms Incarnational Training Framework. This aspect of the internship is a guided process of theological reflection and spiritual formation.
- Weekly cohort meeting
- Journaling Process
- Mentor Meeting: weekly with site supervisor
- Intern Legacy Project
- With your site supersivor you will plan and execute a legacy project.